nath

Greenhouse Humidity

Over the past few days its been very damp and foggy and I walked into my greenhouse today were in growing tomatoes, lettuce etc and the humidity was 99% I opened the window and door to circulate the air and the humidity dropped to about 95% (I had to shut the window and door after 10 mins because the temperature was lowering) anyway I was wondering if there is any ways of reducing the humidity like I seen on the internet someone using a computer fan to circulate the air out the greenhouse.
thanks in advance

applestar
Mod

I have no idea, but my immediate thoughts were dehumidifier, air conditioner, or space heater.... Oh, one more group -- a small kerosene heater or tabletop brazier or BBQ grill (but you'd need to ventilate for open flame like that)

nath

I'm going to wait till after tomorrow for looking into a dehumidifier as the fog is expected to clear with some sun so I will see if that makes it better

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

What is the outside humidity. If there is a big difference a exhaust fan will help along with a inside fan along with some heat.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”