JayPoc
Greener Thumb

actual dirt under my nails!

Put in 8 well started lettuce plants, 4 cabbages, 4 broccoli, and countless onion starts. Yesterday I started my main batch of maters (started a few a few weeks back). Still have kale and collards that over wintered. Gardening, yay!

imafan26
Mod

Well done. I manage to get a lot of dirt under my nails and rock dust (ouch!), even though I don't have much nails left. They keep breaking off.

The weather is cooperating better now so I have started peanuts, fennel, basil, leeks, alyssum, crackerjack marigolds, sunflowers, kale, pak choi, swiss chard, papaya (it will take a while before I see them), leeks, persimmon ( well, its been two months so I need to check if the seeds are still in there), mesclun, lemon balm, and safflower. I have transplanted some of the community pots into 4 inch pots, but now I am running out of space.

I am going to try the peppers again, I think it is staying warm enough now. I'll start with the sweet pepppers since I have more of those seeds to experiment with.

The Poamoho bean and snow peas pods are filling and drying so I'll be saving them for another time. The hon tsai tai are already self seeding and my saved green eggplant (Roleks) seed are in the community pot and may be able to plant some of them out soon.

My onions tops haven't toppled over yet but most of the onion bulb is above ground now and I can't keep the plant upright so I may be harvesting those soon.

I moved my sage to a new location, it seems to like it better, maybe now I may be able to get it big enough to make cuttings. I also made more cuttings from my lavender plant, Brown Turkey fig, and bay leaf. The pepper vine is running rampant so maybe I can try more cuttings the last ones I made seem to be making it in the cutting box. And of course I need to find a day to spend cleaning out the orchid benches and changing the soil in the 18 gallon tubs to plant this year's tomatoes.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”