lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Signs of Spring

Cold east wind blowing today and rain is predicted. But there are enough signs to know that Spring is on the way. Thank Goodness.

Trillium

Daffodils

Fig Branch

Tomato Starts

applestar
Mod

I love it! ...and you've given me an idea: My container fig is out in the garage now until it's warm enough here to go outside, but the branches extend into my way and I've been having to push past them each time I need to check on the cold weather kale, leeks, etc. that are under the lights in my garage V8 Nursery.

I think I'm going to take cuttings off those branches 8)

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

applestar wrote:I love it! I think I'm going to take cuttings off those branches 8)
I have five cuttings in pots, but this is the only one that shows life. Hopefully, the other ones are not far behind. I want to plant several bushes on some family farmland that I still own.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

We are past "signs of spring". We are almost into full blown spring. I am waiting for my soil to get another 2 degrees warmer and I am planting the first tomatoes. :D One of my peach trees has peaches the size of quarters and the other one is in full bloom. My new japanese maple has also leafed out.

Spring has come early though for us though. Normally tomatoes would not be going out till the end March beginning of April. My tomatoes are still pretty small though I bought some from the nursery (that I now work at :) )

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

More signs that growing season is on the way. This picture has iris' getting ready to bud and bloom, fuzzy blueberry bushes, daffodils, herb garden pots ready for the plants, and new leaves on the fig tree. Those fig branches look so dead in the wintertime, and so fresh when the leaves appear, no wonder Jesus used it as a sign the new life is always possible.

And Wisteria blooms not far behind

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”