Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Lettuce, spinach and radishes.

A friend did this, a different type of raised bed. I did this myself about 25 years ago. If you put it in the yard you can mow around it and you don't have to bend over to harvest it. They set on saw horses.

gardeningwithe

That's pretty neat and would be good for those who don't have the money to build a raised bed box, or who like it be higher (or need it to be due to age or health).

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Interesting! What are the grid panels the bags are sitting on? I don't recall seeing anything like that around.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

jal_ut wrote:Interesting! What are the grid panels the bags are sitting on? I don't recall seeing anything like that around.
You can buy those metal panels at Farmers Co-op. You can probably buy them at other farm and cattle supply stores. They come in large fence size pieces about 4x8 or maybe 5x10. I have seen them but I never actually measured one. It looks like my friend cut one into smaller pieces. They also come with different size squares. I have seen them with 6"x6" squares. My uncle uses those things inside the barn to keep in mother pigs and baby pigs.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”