bryce d
Cool Member

2014 here we go!!!!!

The weather was good this weekend. I plowed up the garden. Planted tomato seeds in pots. I will plant the snow peas tomorrow. Yea maybe they will get frozen out but maybe not.
Attachments
There we go the cure for spring fever.<br />4 horses ready  to go.
There we go the cure for spring fever.
4 horses ready to go.

bryce d
Cool Member

feeling good in the garden.
Attachments
2014-02-21 17.09.39.jpg
2014-02-21 17.09.39.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
oh yeah there is a another picture.
oh yeah there is a another picture.
2014-02-21 17.11.14.jpg (51.66 KiB) Viewed 1790 times

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Looks like good soil, Bryce.

I will plant the first tomato seed in about 10 days. Not many - will hold off for more a little later.

Peas won't go into the open garden for a month, plus. Smooth seed varieties are the safest bet since they have less sugar than the wrinkled ones - less likely to rot in cold soil.

Hope you have a lot of fun this year!

Steve

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

The snow got off my garden today. I won't be in any hurry to plant just yet. Its still February.

imafan26
Mod

While you are getting ready to plant. I am still harvesting broccoli. I finally got to eat my pixie tangerine, it was sweet but probably still could have used a bit more water. Peppers are still coming and turning red Anaheims, banana, superchili, Kung pao, and tabasco. I am eating pak choi that I harvested from the garden this morning with my Costco roast chicken. My cat is waiting expectantly for leftover chicken. I have more pak choi on the way.

The Satsuma mandarin has also started to flower. MIoga is starting to sprout, I am still waiting for these tomatoes they are still small and green.

I should be able to pick my first snow peas anytime now and the green beans keep coming. The tendergreen cucumbers are flowering but my other cukes have disappeared in the weeds. I have about 4 eggplant, but I lost most of the leaves to fungal disease so I will have to wait for the new ones to grow back. the hon tsai tai is huge. Little nubs are starting on the brussels sprouts. I think my swiss chard got swallowed up by the Brussels sprouts. I have kale and lettuce seedlings to plant out along with some mystery seed from the bottom of the seed packet ziploc. I still have more peppers to pot up.

I caught 4 snails going after the peppers yesterday and the cabbage butterflies have found my kale and are putting holes all over it.

I finally moved a couple of trays off my bench so I can sow more seeds. So much to do, no time to do it.

Ain't this fun.

dsyukon

Still freezing here in zone 8.

( Houston/Humble)

:cry: :cry: :cry:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Only getting up to about freezing today, but we are at the beginning of a warm up. I'm hoping that by this weekend, I will be able to put something in the ground! YAY spring!

Black River

Bryce, what type of walk-behind is that you have there? A Simplicity? Kinda looks like one. I love those older type tractors....I use a Stanley garden tractor I have rigged up with a sleeve hitch and breaking plow, and also have a missle buster for it, but I'd still like to have one of the old David Bradley walk-behinds.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

I am quite a bit ahead of most of you. I am starting to plant tomatoes and summer crops. I still have a lot of winter crops that need to be yanked though.

Spring has come early for us so a lot of my seedlings are not ready to be planted out yet. We have such a long season though that I can plant tomatoes into July and still get a good harvest.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”