oyahuasca
Newly Registered

Balcony Vegetable Garden - Perfect Soil Mixture?

Hello! I'm totally new at this and I might need things spelled out :/ I'm planting my first vegetable garden on my balcony and I have TONS of seeds, I mean everything from Basil to Watermelons (I'm still not sure if I will be planting those :X). I got these Baker Heirloom seeds as a birthday present last December so I have nothing to lose but so much to gain! I've already figured out what, when and where everything will be planted. I will be maximizing space by planting vertically, using railings, blah blah blah. But can some one please guide me on soil? What is the perfect mixture? If I have added compost to the soil prior, will I need to purchase fertilizer? Also, keep in mind that I will be doing raised beds so I'm not sure if the soil mix has to be adjusted for that...

I will be grateful for any feedback!

-Olga

Meatburner

Welcome Olga. First, please go back to your profile and put in your location. It is impossible to help you without knowing where you are. How big is your balcony and what is the sun exposure? Have you ever done any container gardening?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”