Aida

My Garden (itty-bitty, humble, and cute c: )

Hey all, today I finished preparing and planting most of my garden. :)

Lettuce and spinach planted today, onions(chives) will be planted tomorrow, and the spearmint/basil will be transplanted to the cinder holes when I finally find some time... :>

The raised bed is made out of cinder blocks. I chopped/turned the soil a bit on a rectangle of land, placed cardboard over my planned-out bed and soaked it(cardboard is placed to stop weeds from growing through the bed, wetted for easier decomposition), and then placed the blocks around the perimeter. I then filled the bed with soil, manure, and compost. Viola! :mrgreen:

Wish me luck!!!
Super thanks to RainbowGardener, she helped me a whole ton in my other thread asking about what to plant and how. <3

imafan26
Mod

Re: My Garden (itty-bitty, humble, and cute c: )

Looks like a 4x3 bed. Looks like a good plan. You must eat a lot of chives. I just have one clump and it is perennial so I have it in a corner of my garden that I reserve for the herbs.
Happy gardening in Hawaii. Gardens are where people grow.

Aida

Yeah, we have a lot of people in the house, and everyone likes chives in their salads, eggs, and sandwiches. :)

As for the size, each of those cinder blocks is a tiny bit more than afoot, so it's more like 5x2 feet, 5x3?.something like that. :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Very nice! Enjoy! :)
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Your photo was hurting my neck and I didn't want the soil to dump out. :roll:

Eric

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Very nice!
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”