sunflower13

Pumpkin leaves

I have a pumpkin plant that has a few wilted leaves. They did not perk up at 8 after the sun had gone down so I don't think it is the heat. Although, it has been hot for days with few breaks. Is it bacterial wilt? I have not seen any cucumber beetles in the area at all. Is it nothing to worry about? Should I just pull the wilted leaves and bury this portion of the vine? The leaves have a slight case of PM but has slowed greatly thanks to the use of potassium bicarbonate. Anything else that could cause this? Thanks for all your help!
Attachments
DSCI0304.jpg
DSCI0304.jpg (49.79 KiB) Viewed 571 times

applestar
Mod

Re: Pumpkin leaves

Examine the vine tracing back from the wilted leaf/ves and see if there are any signs of SVBs (squash vine borers) -- cracked main stem with brown sawdust like goo.
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

sunflower13

Re: Pumpkin leaves

Thank you! I am going to look for those bugs and see if I can find damage on the vine. Hopefully, I can remove anything damaging this plant. Thinking of burying the portion of the stem to make it stronger.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”