6sparkpug6
Cool Member

What's on my cucumber leaf?

So, I checked my cucumber leaf yesterday and this weird stuff shows up on it.

I'm not sure but does it look like powdery mildew? I don't think it would look like that but I want to make sure. It almost looks bright green/ yellow in parts.

So, if anyone could tell me what it is and how to treat it (naturally if possible), or if this is totally fine.

Thank you!
:D

Ill attach a picture

6sparkpug6
Cool Member

Also, it just appears that this is the only leaf. The others don't look like this.

And I sprinkled diatomaceous earth on it about 5/6/7 days ago (there were at least 2 or 3 showers since then). So that might explain the part near the stem. Hard to tell though.

Thanks again :)

6sparkpug6
Cool Member

Sorry, must add one more thing. Could it be downy mildew? Been doing a bit more research :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

applestar
Mod

The white pinpoints near the stem could indicate sucking insects if they are not DE powder. Check under the leaf.

The large yellow spots near leaf tips could be sunscald from water droplets? If mildew, I think by the time the spots yellow, you would see fuzzy white mold like growth -- check underside of the spots.

...powdery mildew is more common than the dreaded downy mildew.... When you are thinking "could it be?" is when you should start spraying with milk solution as preventative. :wink:

6sparkpug6
Cool Member

Thank you! I will have to check the underside tomorrow. Do you have a recipe that you usually use? My squash are getting a bit spotty, so I might think about spraying some on it.

:)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”