Ohio Tiller
Green Thumb

White mold on green beans

Ok so I finally got my neighbor lady into planting her own garden witch cuts down on how much she gets from mine! Don't get me wrong but that woman would eat the whole garden if I let her. I tiller her up a real nice patch this year and she has taken real good care of it and it is producing a lot for her.

But she came over night with a bowl full of green beans she had picked a couple days ago and they had grown a white fuzzy mold like substance on them. It had grown into a good sized clump involving several beans. I had never seen it before so I told her I would ask the experts what they though it was.

applestar
Mod

If its been rainy and humid, I suppose it could be powdery mildew though I don't recall getting them on beans before. Mine gets brown spots which I think is called rust.

Ohio Tiller
Green Thumb

applestar wrote:If its been rainy and humid, I suppose it could be powdery mildew though I don't recall getting them on beans before. Mine gets brown spots which I think is called rust.

Yeah I have seen the rust and of course the bug bites but his is diffrent it is a very thick very white mold looking stuff that get in the beans in the bucket. You pick a bean up and 10 will be stuck togather with this stuff??

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”