caligrown

Leaves Falling off of Pepper Plant.

I have a Red Bell Pepper plant that is just flowering and leaves are just falling off, and I mean you look at it the wrong way and the leave falls off. :?
Pretty sure this isn't normal. Is it a sign that it isn't getting enough water? Too much water? Something else completely?

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

Post a few pictures and we can better diagnose the issue. Also what is your water/feed schedule and has there been anything outside the norm lately. Big storm now rain ext.

caligrown

I'll take photos in the morning. We had a week of 105 plus temps, and I watered it twice as much as normal since the dirt was drying so fast.
I normally give it a good soak in the mornings, and then we have a drip system that goes off for 5 minutes in the evenings. I haven't "fed" it anything.... :|

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

if you are watering try not to get the leafs wet. high temperatures can result in boiling or magnifying glass effect and burn the leafs. If your in a high humidity area it can also result in fungal diseases.

check a few cm (or inches) down and see if it is moist. if so you should be alright.

I look forward to the pictures

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”