j73m6
Newly Registered

What's happening to my cukes?

I didn't get any fruit just yet, but my cucumbers were doing great, up until a couple of days ago when I started seeing this.
Can you guys and gals tell what's wrong?

Thanks
Attachments
IMG00963-20130712-1815.jpg

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'm thinking Mosaic virus.

Eric

skiingjeff
Green Thumb

I thought Mosaic always has lots of yellow patches on the leaves. So, I was thinking Downey Mildew or another type of fungus because the spots are not yellow. :?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Either way, I guess it doesn't matter since the original poster has disappeared

Eric

j73m6
Newly Registered

Hey guys, thanks for trying to help out. I was away on vacation, and didn't see all the posts.
As it does seem it's some kind of virus, I pulled out the cukes, so it doesn't spread to the rest of my garden.
However, I'm seeing some small white spots on the yellow squash leaves too, I wonder if it will turn into the same thing.... :(

Thanks again for all your help!

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

There is a number of ways to treat that however my recommendation is preventative. Wherever possible avoid getting the leads wet while you water. If you do get infected leafs remove them to they are less likely to spread.

Good luck!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Small white spots on squash leaves might be powdery mildew:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_LrQVrdg1wZA/T ... sh+002.jpg

That's good news, because it is a fungus not a virus, so slower progression and more easily treated. Remove affected leaves and spray everything else, including under sides of leaves with an organic anti-fungal. Home remedies include milk solution, baking powder solution, or hydrogen peroxide.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”