Steamer
Newly Registered

Is this mosaic virus?

Hi,
I am growing pumpkins and have found that yellow patches have appeared on two of the plants, which can be seen in these photos:
Mosaic_Twox.png
Mosaic_Twox.png (215.66 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Mosaic_One.png
Mosaic_One.png (207.62 KiB) Viewed 672 times
The patch on the plant in the first photo appeared about a couple of weeks ago, and has not changed much. The patches on the plant in the seconds photo have all appeared in the last few days.

Am I right in thinking that it is mosaic virus?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

shadylane
Green Thumb

Picture one (bottom photo) seems to be developing that raised blister appearance, keep check for the curling or defected leaf growth... but again there are tiny yellow spots on the other leaves which make me think it is the beginigs of powdery mildew.
Upper picture looks like there is a little brown on the edge of the yellow patch which sounds like blight.

Steamer
Newly Registered

shadylane wrote:Picture one (bottom photo) seems to be developing that raised blister appearance
Thanks. I felt that the blistering had gotten worse today, so I binned that plant.

I also ripped the leaf off the other plant, as it seems to be the same thing but, for some reason, hasn't spread. I also ripped a dodgy looking leaf off another pumpkin plant (there were 4 in total).

I don't know if they'll survive having the leaves pulled off and/or whether they'll succumb to mosaic anyway, but I thought it might give me a chance to save them.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”