goingreenhouse

the browns visit my bellpeppers

I tend to get huge brown areas on my bell peppers at around half maturity. the pepper still tastes fine if I cut the brown away. I am in hopes this can be fixed. I would like a whole pepper someday. :?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Is it mainly on the bottom of the pepper, like this:

gets mushy and rotten?

If this is it, it is called blossom end rot. It's not a disease, it's a response to environmental conditions.

But tell us if you think this is it, before I write more. If not, post a couple pictures of your problem.

goingreenhouse

the one that has a brown spot looks to be what you said. I will watch a little longer to see if the others develop the same. thank you so far. :)

imafan26
Mod

Sometimes soft spots can be caused by sunburn especially if the pepper does not have enough leaf cover. Shading will help that.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

I have not had this issue in the past but one thing I read was a lack of Calcium can cause BER on tomatoes. I use an organic fertilizer on all of my fruiting crops once a week. There are plenty of products that should help build the calcium for your plants.

Can you take pictures of the plants?

I just posted this morning a video of my pepper experiment. it is below in my signature. Ill post a video next week on maintaining my tomatoes and the fertilizer I plan to prevent BER. just shot it tonight.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”