jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Bees are a buzzin

Checked bees yesterday. Things are looking good for this early in the season. There has been a good flow for the past two weeks. Hope it continues.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

It's so nice to see a happy, thriving colony. :) When I was at my MIL's two (three?) weeks ago, I counted over twenty bees on one lavender bush, so her neighborhood seems to be OK, too.

Looks like you'll have plenty of pollinators--happy ones, too! :D And some yummy honey....

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

RamonaGS
Green Thumb

So you're a bee keeper? Cool! They look so happy and healthy! I prefer local honey from the Farmer's Market over the store bought. :)

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

So you're a bee keeper?
Yes, I have kept bees for many years. It is a good thing to go along with a backyard garden. I never have to worry about the squash getting pollinated. :)

The honey is excellent. Here the farmers grow lots of alfalfa and it makes some nice light colored honey.

The queen bee in in this picture, just below the beekeepers gloved finger.

applestar
Mod

Ooh nw I see her with the long abdomen :D

I was too distracted by the yummy looking honey still waiting o be capped with the yellow wax. 8)

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

I have noticed that I do not have a lot of bees this year. I am pollinating all my tomatoes by hand because where I have them all the wind is blocked off. I have a lot of bees on the agapanthus in the front but very few in the back.

RamonaGS
Green Thumb

Oh I see her too now, LOL! :D Honey honey yummy yummy honey!!!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”