Arriga
Cool Member

Pepper problem

What is causing all of my pepper plants leaves to turn yellow? Should I add a side dressing?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

There can be a number of reasons for pepper leaves yellowing, but yes, one of the prime ones is lack of nitrogen, either because there isn't enough N and other nutrients in the soil or nutrients are being flushed out and made less available to the plant, by excess water. However, it can also be from under watering. So yes, feed your plants and make sure they are getting appropriate amounts of water.

Diseases can cause yellowing leaves, but usually that would be with other symptoms, like spotting, curling, wilting, browning.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

You can go with a miracle grow fertilizer to see if that helps. I prefer to use a light organic fertilizer weekly. To prevent over watering you can test the soil with a skewer or plant in a well drained soil min in a pot. Check out the video I did below. Might help.

hope your pepper gets better!

https://youtu.be/B18SkTVkltw

imafan26
Mod

If it has been raining a lot all of the pepper leaves will generally yellow at the same time. This will also happen to other plants like peas. It is more a problem of the soil staying wet for too long and not enough air in the root zone. If the plant can dry out, they can recover from it, but only if it hasn't been going on for too long. Most people see the yellowing and actually kill the plants by thinking it needs more water.

The weather is something you can't really control, you just have to hope for the best or start over.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”