MikeFIT

Sugar Ann Snap Peas

So I ate some delicious peas from my garden yesterday, delicious. The vines are only about 8-10 inches long right now and already have about 3 pods growing. I picked them early, but they taste great. I've never grown these before, so I am curious...shouldn't these vines be getting much taller before giving me their fruit? Is it possible the vines are somehow stressed and putting all production into just giving me the fruit before it gives up?

or am I just crazy :)

Also, do these keep producing, or is it a one shot deal? Any info on snap peas is appreciated. I want to plant more too, though I am wondering if it is too hot now (I am in Maryland on the Bay and expecting 80-100 degree weather to arrive soon)

jemsister

These guys say they get about 24 to 30 inches tall. https://www.victoryseeds.com/pea_sugar-ann.html I thought I had Sugar Ann, but mine are almost six feet tall, and the leaves look different than pictured, so they must be something else. I no longer have the seed packet. Oops! XP

Mine started blooming and getting pods about a week ago, but they've grown another 8 inches since then. So it sounds like it could be okay and normal. But I'm a newbie when it comes to gardening, so I can't say for sure.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”