TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Re: Too late to plant strawberries in So. California?

TheWaterbug wrote:It's going to be in low 80s this week, so wish them luck!
Bleah. The single dripline down the middle wasn't quite enough water for both rows, and the person who was supposed to be watching them while I was gone didn't watch them very closely, so half have died now :(

I am going to add two more driplines, and meantime I am hand-sprinkling in an attempt to revive the ones that have browned out, but I'm not sure whether they can be resurrected twice.

I suppose I might have to buy another set of plants and backfill the empty spots. :x

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

Why don't you let yours go to runner. I only had 10 plants that made it an now I have at least 100 with more runners coming.

:) save some cash!

Hope they survive

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Northernfox wrote:Why don't you let yours go to runner. I only had 10 plants that made it an now I have at least 100 with more runners coming.
Because I'm horribly impatient! And a little bit OCD. I planted them in these perfectly spaced rows, and now there are empty spaces everywhere!!

I put the 3rd and 4th driplines in this morning. I'll give the browns a week to revive, and if they don't I'll pull and replant. I've got plenty of time before spring.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

I know what you mean!! I ended up loving the chaos of last years garden! by the end of July my plants had taken over :D.

I had my first seascape strawberry the other day.... it was GREAT!!!

my Tri-star was not the best and the alpine I am not crazy about.

still waiting on Sierra ;)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”