JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Dear Mother Nature....its May Freakin 24th

Great gag, but enough already.

webmaster
Site Admin

That's what I was telling my wife earlier today. She says it rains almost every month on the East Coast. Hmm...

...at least it's not as bad as Seattle.

I tried fishing yesterday morning at a forest lake but a minute after my first line hit the water I heard thunder rolling. I had just retrieved my second rod that was pre-rigged and ready to rock. Disappointment City.

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

This is the second time now that I've worried about the temps being too warm for my cool stuff, and the temps being too cold for my other stuff...with a period of about a day and a half....wild stuff.....

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Tell me about it! At the start of the month we had dry hot weather, in the high 70's and mid 80's, this is like summer weather, not normal. Then it started raining and got cold, it has rained for going on three weeks now, with a day here and there that got dry enough to mow the lawn. On the Mt. Hood it snowed over a foot this week. It has rained so hard at times that my gutters could not keep up and they overflowed. I am thinking of redoing them with actual drain pipe as downspouts.
the only good thing is just before this started I planted some grass in places that may be to far from the water lines to water, so they are getting a good start.
Every one complains about the weather, but no one ever does any thing about it.

DownriverGardener

Amen! Check out my garden at sunset last night, in anticipation for the frost advisory. The closest weather station said it got down to 39 last night, but things were still cold early this morning when I went to uncover it all. Plus - this was only one of a half dozen beds! UGH No more no more!

RogueRose
Green Thumb

Yikes! We don't quite have frost but it is crazy windy and and cold (getting down to 45). I prefer the cooler weather than the crazy warm. I'm sure my tomatoes feel otherwise.

watermelonpunch

DownriverGardener wrote:Amen! Check out my garden at sunset last night, in anticipation for the frost advisory. The closest weather station said it got down to 39 last night, but things were still cold early this morning when I went to uncover it all. Plus - this was only one of a half dozen beds! UGH No more no more!

Wow!!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”