JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Rainy weekend round-up....

Rained pretty good all weekend, but I was able to get a little gardening done. Yesterday in the a.m., I got just about everything weeded, at least a little :) . Today, between downpours I was able to get my tomato cages sterilized and I repotted a couple dwarf maters that I started a couple weeks ago. They'll go in the ground next weekend, if all goes well...

I also caught rain....ground is soaked and all my barrels are full (about 130 gallons or so....I can get about 3 good waterings per full set of barrels)....

applestar
Mod

NICE! I went out twice to pour out excess water from some of the containers that have drip trays (for thorough watering). Since most of these are newly repotted, leached water is very rich and not to be wasted -- carefully collected in buckets for future use. :wink:

Also sat down with my tomato bed maps and seedling tray maps, correlated with printout of the variety description spreadsheet (height, DTM, etc.) and figured out exactly where to put what, so once the ground dries a little later in the week, I can finally plant most of the rest of the "must grow" tomatoes and see what I still have left to give to my parents.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”