gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Picking beans and peppers

I got a little more than a pound of purple hull pole beans off the vines this morning, along with about 15 various hot peppers. The cucumbers are still a couple weeks away, but loaded with flowers and the vines are very healthy and climbing fast.

Gotta get what I can before the heat of July takes a lot of it out and makes what survives struggle for existence.

joed2323

Send some of that heat up this way!! We can really use it to get our crops a boost..

imafan26
Mod

Good for you. It has been raining here off and on. Good that I don't have to water, but behind on planting since I cannot work wet soil. I just planted beets, more lettuce, peanuts, black valentine beans, jicama, zucchini and butternut squash yesterday. My cutting celery is blooming and my Kentucky wonder beans are still producing. The armenian cucumber is about a foot long. The seedlings are growing faster now, thank goodness. The ginger and turmeric are both coming up and I have Georgia collards ready to eat. Two of my sunflowers bloomed and more are on the way. This is the best time of the year, planting and reaping rewards and most of the bugs are still asleep.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

joed2323 wrote:Send some of that heat up this way!! We can really use it to get our crops a boost..

Come July and August I'd like nothing more than to take you up on that offer. Those 2 months are particularly brutal here in Louisiana. At least my okra loves it-------------and I love okra.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”