hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Main Gardening Area - video

This flickr 1.5 minute limit made dialogue a bit difficult. Plants in the bed include: lettuce, arugula, spinach, okra, parsley, cilantro, onion, garlic, sweet peas, green beans, radish, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, egg plants, and various flowers/flowering vines. Also, a dozen or more dwarf fruit trees are placed around and between various beds. There are about 28 beds in the area, plus the in ground corn plot, as well as many, many container plants. The video includes two large reddish brown barrels, both of which contain an egg plant and a few strawberry plants. The potting bench is filled mostly with pepper plants and young tomato plants.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aghenderso ... hotostream

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Looks nice and neat with the raised beds. Much of my garden is directly planted in the ground with only one raised bed for now. It is filled with garlic right now that should be coming out in a month or so. I'm waiting for the lower leaves to start browning off and hoping for dry weather so the bulbs don't have a chance to rot.

imafan26
Mod

Looks great. My yard is just a jungle of weeds and plants. Yours is so neat and organized. I only saw one pot on the ground and no weeds!

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

That is called selective field of view. Just behind me were wheelbarrow, multiple empty potting soil bags, numerous empty black pots, a couple of potting soil bags filled with discarded material, several buckets,..... After the repotting phase slows a bit, hopefully, I'll get that clutter moved.

My wife and I often joke about our yard. It is a mostly wild and unkempt thing that no one in the city with their carefully manicured monocrop grass lawns could appreciate. We have two very large naturalized areas, that to many would appear to be overgrown weed patches. We just love them. More importantly, all kinds of wildlife also loves them. No city yard or park like yard for us! We don't even cut the grass until the wild spring flowers are mostly through. The city folks call those things 'weeds' and put out various herbicides to cull them out of the grass. More photos and a couple more short videos will come in the future. Hope everyone enjoys looking at our garden/yard space as much as I enjoy looking at theirs.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”