pow wow

Veggie trug

Just put together the veggie trug that I ordered. Of course it's starting to snow. lol

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Re: Veggie trug

Nice project!
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

pow wow

Just an update on how my new veggie trug worked out. Great!

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

pow wow

What do you think of these things? I've never heard of them before? Where did you purchase your's?

I guess one thing with them, you could move them anywhere you wanted in the garden. Guess I have to ask,

what do they cost? How deep are they?

Sorry to be so nosy, but looks very interesting. :)

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

This is the VegTrug website. DH and I *finally* put the one together that I received last Christmas (!) :oops: from my sister in North Carolina. It appears to be the same size that PowWow has, the medium.

Of course, the next day, the 105-lb dog smashed my left foot and then, as soon as I was recovered from that, I fell on the sidewalk (last Friday) and smashed my own left hand/elbow/shoulder etc. So the trug is made but not sealed (on the outside only!), filled, or planted. :roll:

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Green Mantis
Greener Thumb

cynthia_h.......That's terrible. I hope you are OK and feeling a bit better. Maybe at this rate more trugs are

on their way, for your gardening. Since most of us can't grow huge gardens, they would be wonderful for

most things. Hmmmm, maybe I will have to hint for christmas?

Please take care of yourself. :roll:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Good to see you posting again, cynthia! Sorry, you've been having such a hard time. Next time, maybe consider getting a smaller dog? :) We recently got our first dog ever, a Shiba Inu mix (read mutt) from the rescue shelter. He is maybe 25-30 lbs and that seems like plenty of dog. He would like to be a lap dog and sometimes jumps up and lands in your lap. You know you have been landed on when that happens.
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

OK, my partner says he is 40 pounds of lovable mutt; that still seems a bit more manageable than over 100. As it is, walking him on a leash when he decides to take off after a squirrel, he can about yank my arm out of the shoulder!
Twitter account I manage for local Sierra Club: https://twitter.com/CherokeeGroupSC Facebook page I manage for them: https://www.facebook.com/groups/65310596576/ Come and find me and lots of great information, inspiration

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

When one is a member of the Bernese Mtn. Dog rescue committee and gets the more difficult dogs, well...that sort of happens. *sigh* Mr. Dog had nothing to do with my falling on the sidewalk; THAT was due to a #$&%*@@#$%%^ squirrel (long story). Just another reason to despise the little beggars. :evil:

But my left hand still hurts (I may have cracked a bone), my left shoulder still hurts, and my neck isn't all that happy, either. The other body parts have quit sending me non-stop messages.

Maybe this coming weekend, or maybe during the week (very low work levels lately; strange) I can get things in order for sealing the outside of the veggie trug....

Cynthia

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”