applestar
Mod

Re: Growing pumpkins

They list them at Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. Do they ship to Hawaii? I really wanted to try it, esp. since its a C.moschata, but 120 days is too long for my area.
Tahitian Melon Winter Squash 3 g [53613] - $2.75 : Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, Saving the Past for the Future
https://www.southernexposure.com/tahitia ... -1388.html

Tahitian Melon Winter Squash 3 gCertified OrganicEspecially well-suited to the Southeast
$2.75

(C. moschata) 120 days. Long-necked butternut type has one of the highest sugar contents of any winter squash. The sweet, fine-textured neck flesh is excellent for pies and soups. Large (10-20 lb) fruits keep well for 9+ months. Pkt.
Item # 53613
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

When I was a youngster I would help Dad plant the garden. When it came to squash and cucumbers, he would take the shovel and dig a small hole and I would toss in about 5 seeds then he would drop the soil in the shovel on it and take a step forward, always stepping on the spot where the seeds were to pack it down well so the breeze didn't dry it out, then do it again. The seeds would come up and go out like the spokes of a wheel and make quite a squash patch.
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

:-()
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”