chermom

Sprouts

My tomato sprouts are getting their second leaves, yay! I'm growing them in peat pots in my kitchen window. Peppers are still doing well, especially since they were knocked off the table by my kittens and flipped upside down lol. They are also in peat pots. Started herbs in planters and are waiting impatiently for them to sprout. It had been in the high 40's low 50's here and now it's back to the 30's. Hopefully my little sprouts will be ready to plant outside by Memorial Day. And hopefully it will be warm by then too. Spring doesn't seem like it will ever get here and really want to go outside and get things done for more planting.

imafan26
Mod

It seems to be staying colder here too, it was overcast. It is in the 60's today. Not cold for you, but it is for me.

Congratulations on getting your babies up and thriving especially in peat pots. You must know how to use them right. Hope the weather gets warmer soon :-()

chermom

Thanks, I just followed the directions, added the seeds and put them into a plastic shoe box that I turned upside down. and I just dribble a little water on them every other day. I've been to Hawaii twice and loved it both times. Yes 60's would be chilly to you but even at that temp it's beautiful.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”