Susan W
Greener Thumb

My veggie garden!

I am so busy with growing herbs for the farmers market, push aside veggies. I buy/trade at the market so not without fresh. I had plans to add some bed space, and set out a few broccoli plants and spinach seed. Weather has been crappy all winter, and still is a yo yo. So, no new bed. I did get some starts from the box store. Put a few in an area that had basil. I am thinking it may be through before I need it for this summers basil. I also never got spinach seeds in, and yes, bought starts. I managed to fit a few in, and also some in a large container.
The g-son (4 next month) and I planted some carrots in 2 lg containers today. These are the 3" 'little finger' carrots. There is no ground space worked, and I wanted to get them started before he leaves for a week or so. As the weather looks to be crappy again for a few days have the containers under cover. If these sprout, will need massive thinning. Little kids don't have a concept of sprinkling lightly!

webmaster
Site Admin

Hi!

I've got a bunch of starts in two waves, spaced one week apart. Already have containers to host morning glories on the deck for privacy and containers for tomatoes for a another (smaller) deck. Haven't quite worked out how I'm going to grow the rest of my stuff and keep it rabbit/deer/racoon and bear proof! :lol:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”