Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Should I learn everything or be a expert in one area!

Gardening is so complex and so simple in so many ways that it boggles the mind! gardening has such a wide range of things to learn and go wrong at the same time. if you want a challenge become a gardener. The rewards come in all directions from thanks from a neighbor to a back ache at the end of the day.!
+++
My outlook is I get exercise while having fun nd sublament my food value and health at the same time! You have to learn the art of cooking or marry a good cook! Too me gardening is so exciting with so many avenues of thought and adventure! making a garden year roud by add a solar greenhouse makes my winters milder in respect to my mind calmness! The satisfaction of a hard days work with future results is a plesant feeling!
+++
Picking a peck of lettuce and sharing it with your friends is a pleasure that you have to experience! A fresh just picked garden tomato with turkey on two slices of rye bread with mayo is a delicacy that will always make your mouth water and make you a true tomato grower ! There is no other sport or way of life that will compare to the gadener! So much to learn so little time!!! Maybe consintrating on being a expert on lets say just onions is a challenge and when you do that you can add a few more vegetables to your forte! I love gardening!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Bobber - you pose insightful questions. I don't care to be an expert in any one area of gardening. I enjoy the everlasting learning experience of a broad spectrum of gardening and landscaping. The day I stop learning is the day I die.

Elizabeth

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

A maden in distress is a flower in the wind! by Bobberman! Gardening is like a school with you as the teacher and pupil! By Bobberman! I was inspired by the last post thanks Elizabeth!

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

ancient Chinese proverb:

"He who (thinks he) knows everything, knows nothing"

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Dillbert wrote:ancient Chinese proverb:

"He who (thinks he) knows everything, knows nothing"
I always like to read the fortune cookies with some pretty clever sayings! If you forget half of what you know as you get older I guess I am not even half as smart as I should be! This should be on a fortune cookie but its too long for the paper!!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

LMFAO

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

"Should I learn everything or be a expert in one area!"

Learn everything!

imafan26
Mod

I think I would need several lifetimes to learn everything! Unfortunately, I have already forgotten half of what I have learned already

It seems the older one gets, we realize how much wiser we need to be. :roll:

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I've become comfortably numb.

Eric

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”