Jardin du Fort

Looking for Northern Indiana seed supplier

I had asked on the Indiana Gardener Magazine website if anyone knew of any local seed companies. Someone responded that they knew of one not far from here, but they were not online, so land mail was necessary to order a catalog. Unfortunately, shortly afterwards, the web site was shut down, as Indiana Gardener became reformatted into Home: Indoor and Outdoor Living, so I lost that information before I got it copied down. So..... I'll ask again here. Does anybody know of a seed company that is "local" to the Fort Wayne area?

Thanks! :?

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I just performed an Internet search on the string "Fort Wayne Indiana seed company." Got several returns, almost none of which show web addresses. Maybe the name of one of them will look familiar to you from your previous search?

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Meatburner

Have you considered contacting your local extention service?

Jardin du Fort

Cynthia, thanks for the suggestion. I think that perhaps one of those that came up might be the one. Of course I'm not looking for a field corn or soybean seed supplier, but a veggie seed house.....

Meatburner, I've been intending to contact them for some time if for nothing other than to find out what services they supply. I'll definitely put it on my list of things to do.....

Marlingardener, I have used seeds from some of the larger suppliers in the past with reasonable success. I put the failures as part of my own fault, not the seeds. Shipping cost is not that big a deal. I have heard from some that are more into organic growing, and heritage seeds, that some varieties are best if sourced locally. I have located a seed supplier in Southern Indiana that has such, but was hoping to find one closer to the Fort, as the climate zone differs somewhat.....

Thanks all for your responses :D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”