manny

My day in the Garden

Today was a really nice day. 77* Low humidity and gusts of 25mph. I decided to spend it all outside enjoying the outdoors before the seas of white fluffy come around. I pulled out some tomatillos, tomatoes, a ghost pepper, and a ton of weeds. I rebuilt the fences enclosing my garden and cut some old logs and used them to border the garden. It seems that the soil level has increased a few inches since I turned it into a garden. It must be all the leaves and stuff I till in. I tilled it a bit with one of those hand tillers and was glad to see lots and lots of giant worms. I found a stink bug even though the squash and cukes have been gone a while. I sent it to meet its maker. I deemed my Florida weave a success and pruned some bushes back a bit. I have a headache, a sore pointer and two sore thumbs, scrapes on my knees and arms, and I feel better than I have in quite a while. What a great day. This was too long for a fb status so I hope you all don't mind my happy rant!

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

I plowed the last of my in ground spaces, so now everything is ready for next season. Okra and egg plants are growing very well, set to continue with harvest until mid November. Arugula, lettuce, collards, and other fall winter crops are planted and ready to give their harvest through the winter. Fall flowers are simply beautiful!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Good for you. Nice way to spend a day.

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

That's a very good AND productive day! Just wait till that baby is old enough to join you out there and help! It gets even better :)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”