Richee

Fuzzy creatures on Pepper plant.

I started another Ghost Pepper plant, and it is probably one of the best pepper plants I have ever grown, the leaves are rich and green, and almost as big as my hand. Reminds me almost of lettuce leaves.

However, they started to get these weird looking pests, I would guess some kind of fuzzy aphid? It seems any kind of spray does nothing to them, because they're protected under this water resistant fuzzy build up around them.

For awhile I was using masking tape to pull them off, but a few hours later, they're doubled in quantity. I can't seem to keep up with them anymore.

Is there something I can use to get rid of them? Something that can get through their protective fuzzy shields?

Here's what they look like:

[img]https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/dailynightly/Fuzzy01.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/dailynightly/Fuzzy02.jpg[/img]

lorax
Greener Thumb

Oooh, the dreaded mealybugs. A q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol (or even vodka in a pinch) will kill them and facilitate their removal from your peppers.

Richee

Hey,

Thanks for the info.. I didn't have either, so I used mouthwash. lol.

It seemed to do the trick, pretty quickly too I might add, and it hasn't bothered the plant or any of the foliage. However I did go out later and bought some rubbing alcohol.

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

I had a bunch of those on my tomato plants this summer. Killed them with organic insecticidal soap. It did the trick for the most part.

applestar
Mod

I didn't have either, so I used mouthwash. lol.
:lol: Good thinking! :wink:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”