Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Fall plantig where to get seeds cheap & quick!

I was at the Dollar General today to get seeds. They have a big rack full for 75% off. I wanted beans so I got 4 different kinds 45 to 50 days green! I also bought some peas. I put in a row of peas and beans tonight! I plan on putting several more in this week before its too late! They have carrots and radish also The beans were blue lake 55 days+Havester beans 55 days __- green crop beans 52 days++ kntucky wonder pole & contender 40 days! The packs were 15 cents each! at about 6 grams per pack about 30 seeds! I bought 20 packs! I even got some cilantro ! They have lots of flowers!

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

That is really cool. I think last year you posted about clearance seeds. I asked at a few places like Lowes and HD. And they looked at me like I was crazy. I guess cause over here it is year round gardening they never/hardly clearance anything. Some other person in this forum mentioned getting bags of soil on clearance and I went around asking about that too. And People looked at me funny as if that never happens.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Even at K-Mart I got organic compost that was 2.99 on sale for $1.25 so I bought 5 bags. I am going to get more tomorrow! They were about 30 pounds!

Ruffsta
Green Thumb

try looking at dollar stores and benny's, ace, walmart, home depot, christmas tree shop and especially job lot... although I host the seed games - I have lots of seeds, so if anyone is interested in something just ask me if I have it..

I do not have fruit and non vegetable seeds - I do have some sunflowers seeds.

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

PunkRotten wrote:Some other person in this forum mentioned getting bags of soil on clearance and I went around asking about that too. And People looked at me funny as if that never happens.
Last year Home Depot had 2 cu ft bags of Miracle Gro Garden Soil for $3.77/bag, whereas it's normally $7.77/bag. I bought about 20 bags.

This year I got municipal compost for free from San Pedro and bought steer manure mix from Home Depot for $1/cu ft. And then I drove the manure home in my passenger vehicle. On a hot day.

"Honey, what's that smell?"

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”