Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Garden at the New House in Arizona

I bought a house in Arizona. The soil is amazing it is extremely easy to dig it is like potting soil but it seems to have no organic material. Everything here needs a water drip system to keep it alive. and 115 all week. It does not seem as hot as Tennessee because of the low humidity. It was 116 degrees F Saturday, 117 deg Friday, 115 deg Thursday. I have not found any place to buy fertilizer or organic material in AZ. I started a compost pile. In the fall I will plant the following trees, Plum, Pear, Cherry, Peach, Orange, Grapefruit, Pecan. I hope to have a good crop in 3 years like my Mother did, her trees are 25 ft tall and making about 2 bushel baskets of fruit each.

I'm not sure yet if I can plant a fall garden but I think I can. My parents plant their garden about March 1st and have tomatoes by May but loose them to the hot summer heat. I hope to have some good tomatoes, maybe onions and garlic too.

I am returning to TN this week. I hope I have some good tomatoes, peppers, beans and other things in the garden there.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Best of luck on your Arizona garden. Yes, you will definitely need irrigation.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”