lucy2423
Newly Registered

Downy mildew?

Hello! I'm new to this forum. :)
Just within the past few days I have noticed the leaves of my cucumber plants have started to look absolutely horrible. There are brown/yellow spots all over and the leaves are curling. I was wondering if this is downy mildew. From what I've read, downy mildew usually shows up when the weather is cool and damp - which is the opposite of the weather we've been having this summer. I'll try to attach some pictures.

ExcitableGardener

It looks like it from here, but I'm certainly not an expert. Downy mildew is nasty. I got it last year and never really was able to get rid of it. Hopefully you can get some fungicide on it and it recovers better than mine did. Honestly I wasn't very aggressive with it so you'll probably have better luck.

lucy2423
Newly Registered

I was hoping that it's not downy mildew, but like you said, it sure looks like it. As I said, the weather just hasn't seemed right for it. Also, the variety of cucumber plant I have (Alibi) I thought was supposed to be resistant to downy mildew. I'm all kinds of confused! :?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

[url=https://collaborate.extension.org/wiki/Cucurbit_Downy_Mildew_Caused_by_Pseudoperonospora_cubensis]Read Me[/url]

It seems there is some concern that there is some new strain that is getting after even the resistant types. Arrguh.

Good luck.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”