sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

Feeling optimistic!

Well, my plants were big time behind. This past week, I really focused on feeding the plants to help them grow, and they are catching up I do believe! I've given them earth worm castings tea and my seaweed stuff I made up (went to the beach and got seaweed). It has really helped a LOT. then I got some horse manure from a friend and put that on as well. things are getting bigger and looking nice and green.

the cucumbers are finally starting to vine out after over a month of getting them out there. my potatoes are flowering! yeah!

downfall, been rainy and humid, so I can't spray my neem and antifungal concoction without it getting washed off (rains daily) so my tomatoes are starting with septoria it looks like :( bUMMER! thankful for the rain though! other downfall, squash vine borers. But, I think I am on top of it. and it might turn out all right :)

my black beans are flowering and the popcorn is over a foot high now.

still waiting for my pH test kit. once that comes, I'll figure out if it is still too acidic to absorb the nutrients in the soil... if I need more lime, or need to continue with the liquid feeds.

but overall feeling optimistic! I might actually get some veggies after all! yae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

applestar
Mod

Sounds great! :D

As for anti fungal, milk solution is the best when it's rainy. The bacteria that are cultured will hold on to the surfaces on their own with "sticky stuff". No need to worry that they'll get washed off next time it rains.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

that is a hard one for me since we are dairy free here :) we don't' keep it in the house.

don't get me wrong, everything is still a lot smaller than it should be, but it is at least growing well now and I am pleased with it :) I know my crops won't be as big as they normally would be, but I know I"ll at least get something out of it :)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”