btrowe1

From seed spaghetti squash late season crop

I live in NE Ny, Has anyone ever tried a mid to late season planting of these, I know its the warm season here, I just received a few seeds and have some open space and was thinking of attempting a late season crop. Lately we haven't been having a frost till late Sept. early Oct. I luv the things.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Ya you can still plant them. They will grow fast and really spread. I grew them one year and the local paper took a picture of my speg. squash since they grew up my peach tree and were hanging everywhere. I wold grow them up and over a 4 foot fence! You should get about 6 per stock depending on your soil! Only pick them when they are mature! Usually mine changed from a litht yellow to a bright white when they are mature depending on the type!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Hmmmm, I think you are probably a little late for spaghetti squash. I think it takes about three months or a little more.

Patty Pan or Zucchini would probably make it planted now. It is about Two months on these. Yellow Crookneck comes on in about two months too. (These times are after germination, and locale and weather can have an effect on the time needed for maturity.)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”