Smallgardener

Fooled ya Jalapeno

Has anyone tried these too? We started planting them last year and love them. They have no heat but all the flavor. The wife and kids don't like heat but they do like Pepper poppers. Just be careful if you plant the hot variety and these too close. You can get them mixed up and mistakenly eat the hot ones. This year I only planted the Fooled Ya Jalapeno's and they are 4 inches long.

albucsfan
Cool Member

:D I too have a family full of sissies :lol: I usually go with the Tam mild variety, some heat but not much... So we can make salsa & no one whines but me (Love spicy peppers). They are loving this weather, hot, hot, hot! Getting tons of peppers from 2 plants!

Halfway
Green Thumb

They would provide all the excellent jalapeno taste for salsa while keeping the "next day effects" <giggle> down to a minimum. :oops:

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Sounds like a variety I need to plant! I like a little heat but the little woman doesn't! We use Anaheim peppers for poppers here!

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

that sounds great!! ill have to plant them next year for my wussy brother ;)

albucsfan
Cool Member

hit or miss wrote:Sounds like a variety I need to plant! I like a little heat but the little woman doesn't! We use Anaheim peppers for poppers here!
My little princess (age 4) has decided that Anaheim peppers in scrambled eggs are the greatest thing ever.... She is hilarious as she claims she doesn't like anything spicy, but regularly eats chili, buffalo wings, mildly hot peppers,etc... :lol:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”