IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

First Crop of Beans IN MY BELLY!!!!

Dinner last night was Chicken with aloha season salt and a spicy green bean dish I came up with:
Green beans, 2 Jalapeno peppers, 1 Spicy Banana Pepper, and 1 green onion!!! AMAZING DINNER!!! The first harvest of all of them from my garden!!

DownriverGardener

"Like" :lol:

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

It was AMAZING!!

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Okay, it looks real good but what is this Aloha Seasoning you refer to, Indy'?

Amazon was no help with finding it . . . I've thought about making my own seasoning salt, mostly with peppers. As it is, I've got to crumble dry peppers (& then be careful with my fingers) or scrape frozen, processed peppers out of a container from the freezer. I opt for the scraping, usually :roll: .

Still, making the seasoning salt shouldn't be tuff altho' I see that a special salt is sold for this purpose. It is more finely ground so as to be powdery rather than granular. Amazon's got that . . .

Steve

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

[url]https://alohaspice.com/catalog/sea_salts.htm[/url]

This may be removed for posting, but I used the "Pete's Fire" seasoning.

It is Awesome!!!! It has "Red Clay" in it, but it is AMAZING!!!

luvthesnapper

GET IN MY BELLY! It looks killer.

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

digitS' wrote:Still, making the seasoning salt shouldn't be tuff altho' I see that a special salt is sold for this purpose. It is more finely ground so as to be powdery rather than granular. Amazon's got that . . .Steve
I dry onions, garlic, jalapenos, and habaneros; crush them up in a baggy with a rolling pin and put them in a jar. then I add the salt. it is a touch of hell, I can't wait for the ghost peppers so I can change it from a touch of Hell to the whole Vacation to Hell!!! :lol:

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, that kind of a blend is what I'm talking about making.

[img]https://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just%204%20Fun/1sm209yum1.gif[/img].

Indy', I'll let you cross that River Styx on your own but it doesn't mean that something tamer wouldn't be enjoyed by an old fella :wink: .

I got DW a dehydrator a couple of years ago and I don't think she's even taken it out of the box . . . I guess I shouldn't complain. She is perfectly happy to have pepper ristras hanging around in her kitchen for a few weeks every year.

Steve :)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”