Enginerd

Have you ever grown an Aurora pepper? (pic attached)

I'm trying all sorts of new peppers this year, and my favorite (looking) one is the Aurora. It's a miniature pepper plant, and I thought they were supposed to be sweet. THEY ARE NOT SWEET. Hot little buggers. Used a couple as a salad garnish, and regretted chomping into one. :evil:

At least they look sweet:
[img]https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/kappelmonster/AuroraPepper26Jun12.jpg[/img]

Have you grown this variety? Are they always hot or did I get some crossed seeds?

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

I haven't grown that exact variety, but have grown three slightly different similar ones - going by 'bolivian rainbow', 'chinese five-color', and something else I can't remember the name of. all did that cool progression of color. all were very, very hot. hot enough that some mentions in seed catalogs I've seen say 'ornamental, do not eat'.

yeah, they're hot. I like to let them go all the way to red and then dry them. one or two in a soup in the dead of winter livens things up!

DownriverGardener

wow lookin gooooood! Interesting pepper plant. I'd love to have one :)

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Where can I find seedlings of that? those look so cool!!

Enginerd

Sorry Indy! I grew those babies from seeds from Seed Savers Exchange in Decorah IA. (Great place by the way!)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”