dtlove129

Cucumber Beetle

Well I think I have been infested. The funny thing is they aren't on my cukes (yet), but they were all over my corn silks last night. I hope I have slowed them down some by spraying. I was gone Saturday for a wedding, and went out in the garden last night and noticed all these bugs around the silks of my corn. So I through the spray to the corn. I'll check again this evening to see if they have slowed down any.

Just as I was slowing down the raccoons I get these little suckers!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

What did you spray with, and what was the result? Did you get rid of the cucumber beetles?

dtlove129

Rainbow, I don't think you would use it due to organic. It was a type of Seven Dust. I don't remember the name, but same chemicals just cheaper. Yes, it worked. My corn was covered with them, and I put some of this in a hose end sprayer that evening, and I don't have them on the corn anymore. It either worked or they moved on.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You're right, I wouldn't use the Sevin, I was just curious about the end of the story...

BP

I boiled a chopped habanero, clove of garlic and 20 whole black peppercorns and then put the water in a spray bottle, added a little squirt of palmolive and it kills those little suckers in a couple of minutes.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

garlic pepper spray recipe.

I just did that, so that if people type garlic pepper spray into the Search the Forum Keyword box, as I sometimes suggest, they will find this.

I like this one. My recipe is blending garlic and hot peppers in the blender, letting it sit then straining it out. But no matter how much straining I do, it always tends to clog the sprayer. If making the infusion works, that's an improvement.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”