laurabee78
Newly Registered

Sick zucchini plant? Photo link included

I'm new to the board and have a question about my zucchini plants. I've tried to go to the VegetableDoc.com to diagnose this but come up empty handed. (It's sad when a paramedic can treat patients but is clueless when it comes to plants...)

I noticed that the leaves started getting blotchy lighter green spots on it, but now I'm seeing tiny light colored spots on the leaves now. I have these plants in raised beds because my drainage is horrible and I'm in a rental home. (It's nice the landlord lets me have so many raised beds, the count is up to 10 now.) I'm not sure if it's a kind of mosaic virus or fungus.

The link to the 3 pictures is posted below:
http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s430/laurabee78/?action=view&current=IMAG0420.jpg

A little background on the garden... I'm in eastern Virginia and have the plants in their own bed. No other plants in my garden appear to have this same problem right now. The soil is a mixture of Scott's topsoil, peat moss, perlite, and compost.

I'm ready to call it quits on zucchini for the year right now. I don't want to see any of my other plants get "sick" because a lot of time and effort has gone into this. Please help! Any feedback or remedy will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Laura

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

[img]http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s430/laurabee78/IMAG0421.jpg[/img]

laurabee78
Newly Registered

Yes, that's one of the pics I posted. I'm wondering too if that's from too much water...

-Laurabee78

Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

^been thinking the same thing about my cucs. With tropical storm Debby dropping massive amounts of rain on my cucs, I'm seeing the same thing.

laurabee78
Newly Registered

getting worse

I cut back on watering this week and it looks even worse than before. I'm thinking They're toasts. Still not sure if it's fungal,bacterial or viral.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'm thinking it's a nutrient deficiency problem. Give it some complete fertilzer.

Scott's Topsoil appears to be mostly peat moss, saves on shipping. So your blended is, peat and repeat :P , perlite and compost. None of these supply much in the way of nutrients.

Eric

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”