albucsfan
Cool Member

I'm pretty sure it's victory!

The whole purpose for me starting a garden 3 years ago was to try to get my kids to eat (and try) more vegetables. Tonight after checking on my garden and feeding the children their dinner, Little Princess (age 4) decided that for desert she wanted a plate full of Juliet tomatoes & a bell pepper cut into strips. :P :D 8). I'm pretty sure that means I win! Her brother doesn't care for tomatoes and is dying for the cucumbers to be ready!!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Yay!!! :clap: :clap:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Cool!

My kids will my veggies before they will eat store veggies. This is their own doing for some reason.

Could it be they ROCK homegrown and fizzle store bought????? :idea:)

albucsfan
Cool Member

gixxerific wrote:Cool!

My kids will my veggies before they will eat store veggies. This is their own doing for some reason.

Could it be they ROCK homegrown and fizzle store bought????? :idea:)
My boy will eat green beans from my garden, or canned green beans, but you can't BUY fresh green beans... He won't touch them... Says they r the wrong color :roll: I don't know if it's taste or just being involved in the growing... But it does seem to matter! Even got the picky one to try Red Noodle Beans... They don't like everything but both will TRY anything that we grow here :D
I'm just enjoying the win (especially since there wasn't a fight about it)!

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Love it! Two of my three (4 and almost 3) chose to share a plate of raw veggies the other night for dinner. Half from the garden and half from the store. I was wondering if it was a ploy to get to eat ranch dressing for dinner but when I got out the ranch they said they didn't want any.

"Oh! Excuse me sir and ma'am, please continue with your veggies sans ranch!" lol

They almost cleaned a plate of carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, raw beans, snow peas, and cherry tomatoes.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”