dtlove129

Definitely Going to Be Early

It is nice to get to plant a couple of weeks early this year because it is shocking to have things already. I was looking at my veggies, and have eggplant blooms, tom blooms, peppers are budding (eventhough they are small), little cukes are forming and little zuchinni are forming.

Been harvesting onions and lettuce for a while, but yesterday I got my first head of broccoli, and was raking around in my potatoes to see if I saw any and down pretty deep I pulled out 2 red potatoes that were about the size of baseballs. I think the reason I love potatoes so much is the surprise to see what you get at the end of the season, but with this teaser of these 2 potatoes this year and their size I'm looking forward to digging into those hills!

Corn looks good, but I think I have a few more weeks on it starting to tassel, and my giant pumpkin is putting out vines now.

How is everyone's crops going? Oh and we finally got 2 decent rains over the past 4 days.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

you're way ahead of me. my corn just came up LOL! I just got everything IN the ground end of last week!

dtlove129

Yeah this weather let me start early. I put corn in in early April and took chances. Things like Cukes, maters, squashes, beans, etc. they all went in the last weekend in April.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

we had an early start too, but I didn't take the chance. my seedlings weren't big enough anyways. plus I didn't have the plot ready ahah. if I had, I could have put in some seeds! would have been neat to see what they would have done.

cubs204

Ive got quite a few little maters growing now, the largest about the size of grape. Starting to get some flowers on the cukes and beans are flowering heavily, with a few pods starting to grow. Watermelon plants have vines ranging from a couple inches to over a foot now. Going to pull out the first onion for some tacos tonight. This rain we had should really help things as well, if we could get a sunny day now.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”