sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

UGH! Cucumber beetles already and my plants are in yet!

I can't believe it. I just saw a cucumber beetle oustide landing on my seedlings. this is like, a month early! this is going to be a bad year, isn't it. grrrr!

shoot me with your prevention methods please :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

[url=https://yardener.com/YardenersPlantProblemSolver/DealingWithPestInsects/PestInsectsInTheVegetableGarden/CucumberBeetles/SolutionsforCucumberBeetles]organic control of cucumber beetles[/url]

Not to freak out. In my experience, plants can easily tolerate a few cucumber beetles around, you just don't want it to become a major infestation.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

they normally get a few cycles in with laying eggs etc. I can't imagine the amount of cycles they'll get in this early. especially with the plants so tiny. I will have to be more careful watching for them this year :)

btrowe1

I just had a fe June bugs flying around last night. we usually don't see them out and about till july, Funny name june bug.. Gonna be a big year for bugs I think also..

Use the tall tale method.... I did..

applestar
Mod

No cucumber beetles yet, but four lined plant bugs galore. :evil:

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

UGH. I didn't see the 4 line bugs until july I think. if I see them soon, I KNOW something whacky is going on :) :)

my plants are tiny this year, they have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully the bugs don't chew them down. something already found some of the things we planted yesterday :(

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”