jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Making It Rain

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/rainbirds.jpg[/img]

I put the water on the garden last night and let it run all night. I took this picture just before sunrise when I went out to turn it off. The water comes from the Reservoir and is delivered via the canal and pipeline. It is gravity flow in the pipeline so no pumping required. The plants should perk up now.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Need some [url=https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/wallpaper_june.jpg]Wallpaper?[/url]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Gorgeous photo (the wallpaper) as always!

SOB
Green Thumb

I just watered last night but I can assure you the view wasn't as beautiful as yours!

We put the garden in a week ago and it rained that night but hasn't rained since. Also no rain in the 5 day forecast. I can't remember the last time I had to water in early/mid May. I was surprised to see a couple beans popping through the hard ground before I watered. Now they should all be coming through.

dtlove129

SOB I hear you! I'm tired of watering this early in the year. I timed the planting just right and got some good rain on all new plantings each time I planted, but since things are now coming up or trying to grow we have been dry. They are calling for some chances of rain next week, and I'll be happy. I have watered something everyday this week, and will run the drip system overnight tonight and hopefully won't water again for a while. I'm hoping to get everything a good watering and then wait out the rain and make the roots go deeper searching for water until we get some rain.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”