jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Garden Pictures

I have a collection of garden pictures on facebook if you are interested in looking at them Click

I have never tried this before....... hope it works.

OK for those who had trouble looking at my photos, try this link:
Click
Last edited by jal_ut on Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

well done! I only wish I had enough room to do that! So as per my fathers challenge ill be trying 3D gardening this year.

:)

[img]https://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii603/Northernfox14/d692013b.jpg[/img]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

nice photos! I particularly like the one with the light coming through the sprinkler water:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

applestar
Mod

When I click on jal's link, I get:
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home
But when I click on the link rainbowgardener posted, I can see the page with the photo and posted comments, but it has a lock on it.

I don't have a Facebook account.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Then I'm surprised you can see the one I posted....

dtlove129

Awesome pics Jal! How in the world do you grow an onion like that or what variety is it? I didn't have an onion the size of a baseball last year.

orgoveg
Green Thumb

I don't do Facebook, either and got the same result. I used an account that someone lets me borrow for stuff like this. The photos pop right up when you log in.

Impressive as always, James. Much to admire.

GardenRN
Greener Thumb

Great stuff James! I thought you were covering your veggies with a tarp in that winter storage pit....? Change the plan, or did the tarp not work? I ask only because I was considering a variation of the same thing this year.

I'm so jealous of all that space you have out there! I'd kill for just a few acres....maybe when I sell this house.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Thanks for your comments. About the big onions, they are called "Big Daddy". I plant small onion plants from Texas early in April. Give them a shot of nitrogen mid season. That's about it.

Hmmm, I didn't know if you could look at this facebook album without an account, but it looks like not. We are learning............

I currently have over 800 photos on facebook, and it lets me store them there for free and my friends can look at them anytime. So for me it has been a great resource to share photos with friends and family.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Posted: 05 07 12 Post subject:
Great stuff James! I thought you were covering your veggies with a tarp in that winter storage pit....? Change the plan, or did the tarp not work?
It seems that the carrots need to be surrounded with soil or sand or they will get moldy. I did use a sack I opened up to cover them after they were covered with soil. That just gave me a warning I was close as I was digging them up. Cabbage wrapped in newspaper, turnips, beets, potatoes, and carrots all keep well in a pit.

dtlove129

jal_ut wrote:Thanks for your comments. About the big onions, they are called "Big Daddy". I plant small onion plants from Texas early in April. Give them a shot of nitrogen mid season. That's about it.

Hmmm, I didn't know if you could look at this facebook album without an account, but it looks like not. We are learning............

I currently have over 800 photos on facebook, and it lets me store them there for free and my friends can look at them anytime. So for me it has been a great resource to share photos with friends and family.
James, I added you as a friend (John). I'm hoping to get some decent onions. Mine were white onions and red onion bulbs. I fertilize at the beginning with 12/12/12, but I will side dress one more time with probably 6/24/24. I think I planted them to deep as I just learned this year to actually leave some of the bulb exposed works best or at least that is what I read and heard.

btrowe1

those are awesome pictures, If I could get my veggies to grow 1/2 those sizes I'd say I had a great year.. Really nice work, You look like a proud poppa..

RogueRose
Green Thumb

Those are ridiculously awesome pictures, Jal! Puts my little garden to shame.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

RogueRose, I looked at your album. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Duets

James, I too am envious of your garden & land, I sent you a friend request via facebook. Luv the pics, thanks for sharing. :D

tomf
Super Green Thumb

It makes me hungry James. I have that same riding mower and the same cart your towing behind it. I use that cart for every thing.

Some of my garden photos, I plan to extend the garden by making a second one for corn. I also want more berry plants.

[url]https://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/twistedtomf/Garden%202010b/[/url]

[url]https://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/twistedtomf/Garden%202010/[/url]

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

tomf, thanks for sharing your garden pics. Nice garden and I like the greenhouse.

RogueRose
Green Thumb

jal_ut wrote:RogueRose, I looked at your album. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Jal_ut! I do what I can in the little space that I have.

mtmickey

Pictures posted on facebook have certain privacy settings that can be changed. I believe if you change those settings to PUBLIC, then anyone can see them, whether they have a facebook account or not. You can do this by going to your album, clicking on edit, at the top right you will see a box that tells you who is allowed to see, just choose public.

RogueRose
Green Thumb

mtmickey wrote:Pictures posted on facebook have certain privacy settings that can be changed. I believe if you change those settings to PUBLIC, then anyone can see them, whether they have a facebook account or not. You can do this by going to your album, clicking on edit, at the top right you will see a box that tells you who is allowed to see, just choose public.
There's also a link at the bottom of the album that says "link for those not on facebook" - it's small and kinda hidden, but post that link and everyone can see it.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Thanks James I was inspired by you so I put a link to my yard in "what does't fit". I also would love to see more links posted there as I like looking at gardens and landscaping.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

beautiful garden, tom!

MyMrSir1112

Hi Jal, What kind of cherry toms are those, I'm thinking 100s or sweet snack. But you tell me.

joed2323

jal_ut- I'm pretty sure you inspire alot of others including me

How is your ambrosia looking, how far along is it?? I'm guessing you have it in the ground by now correct?

You have an amazing view of the mountains with a great looking garden, it doesnt get any better then what you have :flower:

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

dtlove "I think I planted them to deep as I just learned this year to actually leave some of the bulb exposed works best or at least that is what I read and heard."

I bury the small onion sets completely just so they will stay put. As small as they are it doesn't put them very deep. Most of the new developing bulb will be above ground.

Richard L.

VERY NICE on your garden pictures Tomf... Thanks from Texas

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Thanks I intend to make it bigger when I retire. James has quite a garden he must be retired. Have you seen the views from James place? Real nice.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”