dtlove129

Fun to see it grow

If you have read my previous posts you will know I planted most everything and we had perfect weather the week following. Lot of rain then a lot of sun and heat. This morning went out and some cukes and zuchinni were just breaking ground and I would keep checking on them all day while working in other parts of yard and prepping garden for maters and peppers. Amazing top see them keep getting bigger almost on the hour along with beans. Guess that is the biggest joy of this.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

:D :D

Great post! Joys of gardening!

TheWaterbug
Greener Thumb

Just wait until your zucchinis start fruiting. If the weather is warm enough you can have finger-sized fruit in the morning grow into 12" edible fruit by evening, and 18" monsters the next day. You can practically see them growing before your eyes.

brandon558
Cool Member

Thats one thing I love so much about gardening. My cukes,peas,beans have gone nuts the past week.

Very wild and enjoyable.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Pretty neat. Here it remains cool, so things are growing slowly.

dtlove129

Oh the green beans literally went from breaking the ground Sat. morning to now being over 3 inches tall. We had another good rain last night...little hard at times that splashed a lot of dirt up on my newly planted tomatoes and peppers but at least they got watered in well!

Flatlander_MB

dtlove129 wrote:Oh the green beans literally went from breaking the ground Sat. morning to now being over 3 inches tall. We had another good rain last night...little hard at times that splashed a lot of dirt up on my newly planted tomatoes and peppers but at least they got watered in well!
Got 1.5 inches last night in my garden! I checked for signs of hail damage since it was so loud at times overnight, but nothing to indicate we had any, thankfully! I had just planted a few peppers yesterday so was relieved to have dodged the hail. Hope you did too, DT.

dtlove129

Flat, my rain gauge said .5 inch this morning. It sure seemed like more when I woke up at 4 AM to the sounds. I thought it was hail too, but didn't see any signs of it being hail this morning. My other fear was that the whole garden was washing out, well the new seedlings. Actually everything looked good this morning, and we have a good chance for more rain the rest of the day. So can't complain about the wonderful growing season so far.

Flatlander_MB

Yeah, most of the rain stayed to the northern parts of the state, I think. The flood warnings just to the north of me suggest this is the case, at least. Looking forward to another ideal week of growing conditions! After this soaking it's supposed to be dry & warm for the balance of the week I think.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”