Lintu

I think I rotted my pole beans

Either that or it was the cold weather. I looked at my sprouts today and they were very weak and one just came off in my hands. Another was split down the middle and soft. I'm finding I have no idea how much to water things, though the very wet weather we've had the past few weeks sort of took it out of my hands anyways.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Too much water can do that to bean plants. It has happened to me in the past, but the good news is, beans grow pretty fast when replanted.

Being from CT, you still have a lot of time to get them in the ground. It's getting hot as, well you know, here in SE Louisiana and my soybeans and yard longs are being picked now, but will struggle when it gets in the 90's down here.

Lintu

gumbo2176 wrote:Too much water can do that to bean plants. It has happened to me in the past, but the good news is, beans grow pretty fast when replanted.

Being from CT, you still have a lot of time to get them in the ground. It's getting hot as, well you know, here in SE Louisiana and my soybeans and yard longs are being picked now, but will struggle when it gets in the 90's down here.
Yes, thank goodness! I planted a few more beans to replace the ones that died. If the weather doesn't suddenly go crazy hot (and with this year's weather patterns, it seems anything could happen), we should still be fine.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”