Avonnow
Green Thumb

Pepper question

I planted all my seedlings this year with one promise - label everything, I bought tons of plant labels and labeled everything. I only planted two types of pepper plants, I liked them alot from last year. One is from Baker creek it is Marconi patio peppers, they are sweet, they produced so well last year. Well this year they grew fantastic, just shot up, got peppers, they look great, until I picked them. I took them in to use in a meal, when I cut them and chopped them up they were HOT! They literally burned my lips and tongue. Is that possible. I have the envelope, I know what I planted. Could they become hot, or do you just think they were mixed up in envelope. I did not plant a hot pepper by choice this year. :shock:

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Once several years ago I had the same problem only difference was I bought plants not seeds. The plants grew large green bell peppers but they had not sweet bell pepper flavor they were just hot. I always thought maybe they were labeled wrong.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Might of got hybrid seeds. The people probably did not bag blossoms and they got cross pollinated.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”