rufus53
Newly Registered

New Gardener needing wisdom

Hey Yall,
I am new to gardening by myself my mother had me quite active with it during my youth but, now 17 years later I am trying it on my own. Well I have a small garden mostly consisting of herbs and I have 2 tomato plants. I have run into an issue my cilantro has some silver spots on the leaves. I am not sure whether or not it is a fungus or a bug eating My precious salsa ingredient. If I need to post photos for help let me know how to do it if I don't any advice will help. think whatever it is is moving to my tomatos aswell. thanks yall

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Does the spot start from the outset of the leave or is it contained entirely within the leaf?

I'm thinking it is a non vertebrate pathogen or possibly a nutrient deficiency that you may have. Place some compost around the periphery of the plant and spray it with a 50:50 mixture of milk and water for now. But, do give us some more information.

Rebecca
Newly Registered

I have found that herbs need a weak solution of 5-10-5 every 4 to 6 weeks. Compost is also imortant to the soil. Good luck. Rebecca in Alaska
rufus53 wrote:Hey Yall,
I am new to gardening by myself my mother had me quite active with it during my youth but, now 17 years later I am trying it on my own. Well I have a small garden mostly consisting of herbs and I have 2 tomato plants. I have run into an issue my cilantro has some silver spots on the leaves. I am not sure whether or not it is a fungus or a bug eating My precious salsa ingredient. If I need to post photos for help let me know how to do it if I don't any advice will help. think whatever it is is moving to my tomatos aswell. thanks yall

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”