pickupguy07

it was a good day...

Well I decided to go a different route this year as far as laying out my garden.
I got about 60' of 6 feet high chain link fence from my cousin that he was going to throw away. I already had up about 15 feet I am growing blackberries on (man they are blooming like gang-busters)
Anyway, I only had to buy 5 steel fence post, drive them in the ground and tie them up. It was a little work, but I got it all stretched out nice and tight it is all ready for planting.

I plan on trying to grow as vertically this year as possible, so that'll give me more room for additional crops. Thanks to the folks that gave me some ideas.

ALSO while I was in the garden, I found 5 volunteer water mellon plants. I had already plowed up a plot, and it was just waiting for me to seed it (so I got a head start here)
I also found some volunteer marigolds. I expect MANY volunteers to pop up in the next few days.

All in all it was a good day. :D

Timlin

So smart to grab something that will be free! I think your plans sound good....let us know what else comes along as a volunteer. I don't get many at all as our winters are just far too cold up this way.

pickupguy07

FREE is always the right price 8)
I would say the Marigolds came back as a results of the short winter, and warm weather,.. but then that in conflict with Dad's has come back no matter what the weather for 10+ years

Either way... glad to have them

mscratch

vetical beats knees and back any day! good going!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”